Saturday, August 9, 2008

Getting Closer....

Well is has only been a few days since my last blog, but what the heck...

I have been traveling so much lately, i just want to spend some time at home.

I got home from So Cal just in time to watch the opening ceremonies last night. We had my parents and cousins and Sherri's aunt over to watch. WOW, they were very impressive. The opening ceremonies were great. The visual effects were great.

We are excited... our new pastor gives his first sermon on next Saturday. He came to our church in May while we were at session. SO this will be the first time I will get to met him. I do feel old, as he is only 30 years old. I have never been older than my pastor.. But I guess that is what happens to you.

Also Sherri has been decorating the pastors office and church sectary's office. It has been very time consuming. The majority of the work is done, now just the finishing touches. We went and picked up the fabric for the chairs today. I know Sherri will feel relieved once she gets to meet Pastor Chad and finish the details.

Tonight, I did get bummed, we were hoping to get tickets to see the space shuttle launch in October. I have still not been able to get tickets, they should go on sale this week. I went to the website to see if there were any updates, and they changed the time of the Launch. It is now scheduled for 1:30 in the morning. WHAT A BUMMER. I doubt I would be able to keep Carter awake. I just pray that they change the time back to the morning/day. I really want to have Carter experience the launch.

Well, tomorrow morning we are headed up to Fresno to go the the water park with the Kids. Then tomorrow night, we will be having a camp out for Carter and his Cousin in the back yard. That should be a lot of fun.

Well keep safe and Kat, get better!!

God Bless to all our friends and family.

2 comments:

Katrina :) said...

Wow! OM Goodness!! I think I may faint... Two posts, and so close together... Wow! Impressive! :)

Thank you for the well wishes. Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time. Take pictures of the campout. We used to do that all the time, the boys loved it. Who am I kidding, we all loved it! :)

P.S. Congrats again on getting accepted into school Carter. :)

P.S.S. Becky and her kids are coming down for the Labor Day weekend. 20 more days. We are going to have such a good time. One day we are going to BBQ and hopefully Heather and her husband and the baby can come over too for a little while. That is our play any way.

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Wow David, 2 posts in just a short time. I am so impressed.
Glad to get some more info to catch up with.